Basic Engineering Science
|Department of Engineering Physics|
The department was established in the year 1994. Since its inception, the Department has shown exponential growth in terms of modernization of the existing laboratory.
The Department is well supported in infrastructure for BE course.. The current active areas of research include the following: Plasma Physics, Nanotechnology, Electronics and Material Science. Faculty members are encouraged to participate in all the relevant academic and research & development activities in addition to teaching and curriculum development, attending and organizing educational programs, workshops, short term courses, and seminars/ conferences.
- Well equipped laboratory.
- Highly qualified teaching staff with skilled supporting staff.
- Institute of Electronics and Tele Communication Engineer IETE student chapter which provides a platform for students to excel in research and development.
- Organized one day seminar on “Broad Band Communication and Emerging Technologies” on 28th Sept. 2002
- Organized two days National Conference on “Recent Advances in Engineering Physics” on 15th and 16th April 2007
- Organized two days National Conference on “Advancements in the Technical Industry” on 16th and 17th May 2009.
- Organized two days National Conference on “Recent Advances in Engineering Physics” on 15th and 16th April 2010.
|Department of Engineering Chemistry|
The Department of Engineering Chemistry, LNCT Bhopal is one of the premier departments of the group. It started functioning in 1994. The strength of the department has been and continues to be excellence in research and teaching. The faculty of the department is extremely well qualified, and motivated with a strong commitment to teaching and research.
The department of engineering chemistry possesses well equipped and modern laboratories with intake capacity of about 60 students at a time and is oriented to inculcate scientific outlook, skill of observation and problem solving which allow the students to seek innovations in fast changing technological age. The results in the subject are more than 90% every year.
The department has organized national conference on ‘Environment conservation and sustainable development’ in 2007 and on ‘Recent advances in engineering chemistry and its applications in environment and sustainable development’ in 2010 in which delegates from all over the country participated in academic deliberations. In order to develop awareness about ecology and sensitivity to protect and preserve environment the department also coordinates activities under ‘Quest Nature Club’ which is affiliated to world wide fund for nature India.
The department aims at strengthening research and development in basic and applied chemistry, in organizing national and international level conferences, workshops and seminars for the benefit of students and staff and in building up of scientific attitude among students along with required competencies and ethics.
Objectives of Engineering Chemistry
- To impart extensive knowledge of the subject for understanding its role in engineering field.
- To develop analytical capacities among students so that they apply knowledge gained in solving related engineering problem.
- To develop scientific temper in the students.
- To develop experimental skills among the students for encouraging them for innovations.
- To motivate the students for developing interest in the various aspects of engineering field.
- It aims at development of skill of critical analysis among engineers which helps them to think critically in extreme situations in practical field.
Uses of Engineering Chemistry?
Water is one of the most invaluable gifts of nature. Every activity is related with water. Engineering chemistry provides knowledge about various water problems and its remedial measure. Water is used on large scale in textile, dye, paper, sugarcane industry etc. Thus it is desirable that it should be free from impurities. Students are made aware of the various techniques available to make water usable in both industrial and domestic level. The systematic analysis of water is essential before its utilization in any industrial or domestic or agricultural sectors. The mechanical aspect of boiler and steam generation industry can be realized by prior knowledge of water and its characteristics. Thus engineering chemistry aims at benefiting students in this regard.
Life without machines is impossible. Foe proper working of machines lubrication is essential. Engineering chemistry provides an insight of various mechanisms of lubrication and its essential properties, which help in various sectors of automobiles, aeronautics, general machineries. Civil engineers should know each and every detail of the construction material before execution of any project. Engineering chemistry provides knowledge about details of chemistry involved in cementation and refractory materials.
|DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS|
Mathematics plays a vital role in Engineering technology and management-both in education and future development. The mathematical methods are skeleton structures on which the Engineering education, the development of technology and the effective entrepreneurship can rest.
The department of Engineering Mathematics of L.N.C.T. functions as a service agency which provides support to other departments and lays a sound foundation for learning engineering and technical subjects. It aims at imparting instruction in mathematical science so as to enable the student’s to apply the concepts and principles to understand technical subjects easily. The teaching of Mathematics enhances the mathematical aptitude, analytical skills, logical reasoning and systematic thinking skill among the students.
From its inception to the present, the Department of Mathematics has evolved and grown in several directions. This change has been particularly striking in terms of faculty development, research outputs and the diversity of research pursued. To consolidate and sustain these achievements and to enable continued growth, thanks to the dedicated effort of faculty due to which department has steadily grown in size and stature. Currently the department has 10 faculty members of which many are Ph.D holders and having long and rich experience of teaching Mathematics. Our department caters to the needs of B.E., M.C.A and M.Tech. Courses.
The following core courses in Mathematics are common to all the branches of B.E.
- Engg. Mathematics I ( For first /second sem.) code B.E.-102
- Engg. Mathematics II (For third sem.) code B.E.-301
- Discrete structure (For third sem.) code CS/IT-302
- Engg. Mathematics III (For fourth sem.) code B.E.-401
In addition to the above courses department also handles mathematics for M.C.A. programme and for B.Pharma.
- Mathematical foundation of Computer science (For first sem. M.C.A.) code-CA-102
- Computer oriented Numerical and statistical method (For second sem. M.C.A.) code-CA-204
- Remedial Mathematics (For first sem.Pharmacy) code PY-101
- Advance mathematics (For second sem.Pharmacy) code PY-201
The department has also plays a vital role in serving M.Tech. Programme also. There is one paper namely "Advance Engineering Mathematics” code ME/M.Tech.-101 is common to all the branches.
Several conferences were held under the auspices of the department covering a wide range of research areas in which the faculty members of the department have been making significant contribution. The details of these conferences are given below:
- Inter-disciplinary application of Mathematics held in April- 2007.
- Recent trends in Engineering Mathematics held in March-2010.
- Engineering Mathematics in present scenario will be held in Aug-2013.
Besides the effective teaching many faculty members of the department are pursuing Ph.D. Research area’s are:
- Fixed point theory.
- Special function.
- Biomathematics (Mathematical Modelling).
- Magneto Hydro Dynamics.
- Optimization techniques and Fuzzy logic.
More than 50 research papers have been published so for in various National and International Journals.
- » Computer Science & Engineering
- » Electronics & Communication Engineering
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Civil Engineering
- » Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- » Basic Engineering Science
- » Information Technology
- » Chemical Engineering
- » Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- » Electrical Engineering
- » Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- » Master of Business Administration (MBA)