HOD: Prof. Anil Kumar Saxena
Location: Ground Floor, CME Block, LNCT CAMPUS.
The Department of Civil Engineering is established in 2004, initially with an intake of 30 at undergraduate level and 18 at postgraduate level in 2007. Department has developed over the years with an increase in intake from 60 to 120 at undergraduate program, 24 at postgraduate program at present.
Since inception the department has set new standards over the time presently under the guidance of Dr. Rakesh Mowar, B. Sc. (Civil Engg.), M. Sc. (Civil Engg.) (specialization in Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engg.), Ph. D. (Civil Engg.), FIE.
The department is located on the ground floor of the CME block in LNCT campus. The department has qualified, experienced and adequate faculty to meet the requirements of present intake. The department also has adequate no. of laboratories for giving assured quality results for consultancy testing. The department has a computer center and a library for use.
The department strongly believes in making continuous efforts to strive for excellence by exploring new frontiers of knowledge in engineering and technology. It gives to its students the best available instructions of the curriculum. It also conducts regularly national conferences, seminars and special guest lectures for the benefit of faculty, staff and students. It also collaborates actively for academia - industry interactions. The department also communicates suggestions to affiliating university for academic developments. The department also conducts Staff Development Program and national conference with the support of AICTE for faculty members. In the field of academic consultancy the department is a recognized centre in Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal of Institution of Civil Engineers, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc..
"Be a fountain head of new ideas and innovations in Civil Engineering."
- To offer assured quality programs in Civil Engineering including education, research guidance, training, leadership and team spirit.
Program Educational Objectives
- To provide ambient academic environment and effective teaching learning process in the department.
- To prepare the aspirants of civil engineering into employable, responsible, accountable, sincere and ethical engineers having a combination of basic knowledge of science and engineering, design, implementation and capable of handling complex situations as they arise in their job tenure.
- To develop an interest for higher studies among aspirants so that they can contribute to teaching profession/ research and development in areas of Civil Engineering.
- To make them abreast with modern equipments, software and other computational, mathematical design aids so that they perform effectively in the multinational groups for growth of Civil Engineering profession.
- » Computer Science & Engineering
- » Electronics & Communication Engineering
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Civil Engineering
- » Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- » Basic Engineering Science
- » Information Technology
- » Chemical Engineering
- » Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- » Electrical Engineering
- » Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- » Master of Business Administration (MBA)