Electronics & Communication Engineering
Head of Department : Dr. Rita Jain
Location: LNCT Building
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering established in 1994, with an intake of 60. The department has undergone numerous development under the guidance of Professor and Head of Department, Dr. Rita Jain, B.E. ( Electronics Engineering), M. Tech ( Digital Communication) and Ph. D. ( Engineering- VLSI Design and Embedded Systems). The department is now known as Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering and has a present intake of 180. It also offers Postgraduate degree program in Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Design with intake of 24. The department has qualified and experienced faculty in all cadre ratios in various specializations.
The department was accredited in 2007 by National Board of Accreditation, for 3 years vide letter no. NBA/ACCR-904/2007 dated 12th Sept 2007, for its undergraduate program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department is fully equipped to support theoretical and practical syllabus of Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal.
The department has 15 laboratories and many kits, instruments and software such as VLSI Kits, DSP Kits, Antenna, Filter kits, Communication kits, ARM and 8086 Microprocessor kits, test benches, programmers and IC testers, LCR meters, CRO’s, function generators, PCB Etching machine, Microwind, FECO etc..
The departmental library has 300 books of different authors and titles. The department encourages its students as well as its faculty to present their research paper and work in National and referred International Journals. Faculty Development Programs on LABVIEW, ARM Processors and Embedded Systems, EDA tools from Microwind, Mentor Graphics, FEKO, PieceSpice etc. were also conducted time to time. The faculty members regularly attend programmes sponsored by DST, AICTE, TEQIP-II, ISTE etc.. The department has organized national conferences during 2007, 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
Department regularly organizes and conduct workshops for students and faculty members on breadboarding, robotics, PCB designing, Embedded Systems, Android Systems, Quad-copter, Internet of Things, VLSI and DSP etc. so that the student is aware of latest technology and its trend. The department has excellent records of Campus Placement in various national companies and international companies. Many students of the branch every year get shortlisted in exams like GATE, CAT, GRE, GMAT etc. and opt for higher studies in India and abroad. Also students bring laurels to the department by winning Chancellor’s Scholarship. Industrial visits to HEG, BHEL, Railways, Anant Spinning Mills, National Fertilizers Limited etc. are regularly organized for making the students friendly with industrial environment and understand the application of the subjects which they are learning during four years of B.E.
The student’s editorial board also publishes a monthly departmental newsletter “ACRUX” which speaks about quality of the students.
The department has completed AICTE-MODROBS project of Rs. 15 Lacs for the establishment of Project Laboratory under the guidance of Dr. Rita Jain as the Principal Investigator.
Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc.
"To be recognized as Center of Academic Excellence by imparting quality teaching and strengthening research and development activities with world class infrastructure in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering."
- To establish a quality teaching learning process to provide application oriented, in-depth knowledge consistently.
- To establish state-of-the-art laboratories for academic excellence and to develop infrastructure through collaboration for quality research.
- To equip the students by blending theoretical knowledge and practical skills with employability and entrepreneurship traits for a bright successful career.
- To inculcate team spirit and leadership qualities to produce socially acceptable, eco-friendly and responsible citizens.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering as appropriate in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering as proficient learners in the domains such as Electronic Circuits, Embedded Systems, Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing and VLSI Design etc.
- Be able to seek admissions at Institutes of repute for higher education in Engineering & Technology and Management to the tune of 10%, seek employment in core domain to the extent of 75% and remaining 15% opting for entrepreneurship.
- Be able to use the skills, latest techniques, tools for modern engineering and ICT which are necessary to analyze industrial problems related to Electronics & Communication Engineering with focus to Global, Economical and Environmental Issues.
- Have understanding of engineering solutions, exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, team work, effective written and oral communication skills to practice in their profession with high regards to and societal issues and responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Demonstrate ability to apply basic concepts of science and engineering to undertake theoretical learning of Electronic Devices and Circuits, Analog & Digital Communication, Signals & Systems, Embedded Systems, VLSI Design etc..
- PSO2: Demonstrate application of acquired hands-on skills such as Circuit Simulation, MATLAB, HDL Programming, Embedded Systems, DSP and PCB Designing etc..
- PSO3: Work actively in teams who undertake some research oriented projects, especially development projects and a few industry sponsored projects.
- PSO4: Learn extra-curricular courses such as soft-skills, personality development and groom them as responsible citizen with professional ethics blended with human values, engineering economics and sustainability to handle real life problems.
- » Computer Science & Engineering
- » Electronics & Communication Engineering
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Civil Engineering
- » Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- » Basic Engineering Science
- » Information Technology
- » Chemical Engineering
- » Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- » Electrical Engineering
- » Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- » Master of Business Administration (MBA)