HOD: Dr. Manish Shrivastava
Location: IT Block, LNCT Campus.
The Department of Information Technology, established in 1999, with an intake of 40 at undergraduate level. Presently the department has intake of 120 in undergraduate program B.E. (IT) and an intake of 24 in postgraduate program M.Tech. (IT). Since start of the course it has undergone major developments. Presently Dr. Manish Shrivastava, BE, M.Tech Ph.D. is Professor and Head of the Department. The department has qualified, experienced faculty in adequate number in cadre ratio. The department has laboratories like Networking, Project, Programming and RDBMS with modern facilities, departmental library and a computer center.
It also looks after the IT CELL. The department encourages its faculty to present papers in National Journal, Referred International Journals, Conferences Symposium and Workshops/Staff Development Program like TEQIP-II, ISTE and STP.
It has good placement records in prominent IT companies Infosys, Wipro, Cognizent, Amazon etc.
The department publishes a National Journal entitled ‘National Journal of Engineering Science and Management’. Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc.
The department has completed AICTE-MODROBS project of Rs. 5 Lacs for the establishment of Open Source (Linux/Unix) Laboratory under the guidance of Dr. Manish Shrivastava as the Principal Investigator.
"Train and develop the aspirants in communication and applications of Information Technologies as experts for serving society in large."
- To align with the most recent developments in areas of information technology.
- To create expert engineers in information technology field inclusive of overall development of personality.
- To encourage new ideas from students/ faculties for progressive thinking.
- To provide latest facilities to students and faculties with opportunities to sharpen skill-sets, gain, illuminate, implement and disseminate knowledge.
Program Educational Objectives
- To prepare students to outshine and flourish in the field of Information and Technology through quality education.
- To inculcate core competence in the field of Information and Technology to innovate, frame and explore fundamental engineering problems.
- To train students with diverse programming techniques and engineering tools to innovate real life computing products.
- To develop effective communication skills, leadership qualities and teamwork skills with professional ethics to function effectually on contemporary field.
- To cultivate attentiveness towards lifelong learning and acquaint with professional ethics and codes.
- » Computer Science & Engineering
- » Electronics & Communication Engineering
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Civil Engineering
- » Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- » Basic Engineering Science
- » Information Technology
- » Chemical Engineering
- » Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- » Electrical Engineering
- » Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- » Master of Business Administration (MBA)