Head of Department: Dr. V. N. Bartaria,
Location: CME Block, LNCT Campus.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1998 with an intake of 60 at undergraduate level. The present intake of department is 180 in undergraduate program and 24 in postgraduate program in Thermal Engineering. The department has qualified and experienced faculty in adequate number. Since its inception the department is fast developing in the academics and research areas. Currently it has acquired great heights in academics and research under the guidance of Dr. V. N. Bartaria, presently Professor and Head of the Department. The department has twenty one well equipped and functional laboratories. It is an approved Research Center of RGPV, Bhopal for research work.
Many academic activities including projects at undergraduate program and post graduate program, seminars, workshops, conferences and industrial interactions through industrial visits are in progress. The department has successfully and timely completed AICTE-MODROBS project of Rs. 15 Lacs for the establishment of research facility in I.C. Engine Lab under the guidance of Dr. V. N. Bartaria as the Principal Investigator.
Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc.
The SAE Collegiate Club of the department participates in activities at national and international level. Its members have designed and manufactured cars and participated in BAJA and SUPRA events and secured positions.
"To be recognized in academics and research for producing engineers as responsible citizen who are innovative, choice of employers and able to do further studies & research."
- To provide knowledge and skills of Mechanical Engineering to the students.
- To impart quality education to make students competent mechanical engineer and responsible citizen.
- To provide facilities and environment conducive to grounding scholars for employability, higher studies and research.
- To prepare its students for successful career in engineering.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To make the students able of applying knowledge of mathematics, science and subjects of mechanical engineering in dealing with engineering problems.
- To be able to identify and understand real life problems and suitably design and manufacture, feasible and sustainable mechanical devices and systems.
- To be able to carry out the research work in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To be able to use modern tools and techniques for the efficient working and meeting challenges of modern society and industry.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Knowledge of fundamental and specialised subjects of mechanical engineering and their application in solution of complex engineering problems.
- Design, analysis and synthesis of mechanical engineering systems and their components to meet the needs of Industry and society with due consideration of public health, safety and environment.
- Ability of effective communication with the society and the professionals in complex mechanical engineering activities through development and presentation of reports and documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering and management principles to manage engineering projects in multidisciplinary environment as an individual or a leader.
- » Computer Science & Engineering
- » Electronics & Communication Engineering
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Civil Engineering
- » Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- » Basic Engineering Science
- » Information Technology
- » Chemical Engineering
- » Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- » Electrical Engineering
- » Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- » Master of Business Administration (MBA)