Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the biggest departments in the LNCT Group of engineering institutions. Faculty and laboratory staff of the department is dedicated towards providing high quality learning to the students through class room teaching, laboratory work and research projects The department is offering BE course in Mechanical Engineering and ME & M. Tech. course in Thermal Engineering and Industrial Design respectively..
Workshops and seminars on emerging technologies and scientific topics are conducted regularly. Industrial tours and training of the students are part of our curriculum. The department lays down high emphasis on the development of faculty and introduces programmes for improving the teaching and learning processes.
The key facilities available in the department include;
The department has recently conducted Workshops and seminars on
- Innovations in Auromobiles
- Repair and Maintenane of IC Engines
- CAD-CAM softwares and applications
- Solar Energy utilisation
The SAE Collegiate club of the department has successfully participated in SAE BAJA 2013 event with an “All Terrain Vehicle” designed and built at the department.
- The department has also coordinated in successful conduct of National level competitive examination on creativity “NCAT 2013”
- The students of the department have a strong alumni association who advises and helps in the career development of the students.
- Faculty of the department are members of several professional societies such as SAE, ASME, Combustion Institute (India Section), IE (I) etc.
- » Computer Science & Engineering
- » Electronics & Communication Engineering
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Information Technology
- » Civil Engineering
- » Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- » Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- » Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- » Basic Engineering Science
- » Chemical Engineering