Computer Science Engineering
Total Seats 120
- To prepare students to achieve success in PG programmes, in industry and in technical profession globally and demonstrate a pursuit of lifelong learning.
- To develop the ability among students to apply the Computer Science principles and practices in designing, implementing, verifying and testing computer software systems.
- Be able to apply current industry accepted computing practices, new and emerging technologies for designing and developing high quality products.
- To develop among the students the social and professional responsibility, communication ability and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams including supportive and leadership roles.
- To provide student with an academic environment that develops moral and ethical values, leadership quality, self-learning ability needed for a successful professional career.
The Program Outcomes refer to skills that various courses in Computer Science & Engineering impart to the students. These are listed below:
- An ability to apply knowledge of science, engineering fundamentals and mathematical concepts like discrete mathematics, matrix transformation, probability theory, differential equations & calculus, induction theory, statistical theory, numerical computation methods, number series.
- An ability to identify and analyze a problem from computer science perspectives.
- An ability to design a computer based solution for complex engineering problems.
- An ability to conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of prototypes, models, performing simulations, developing test beds, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex computer science & engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations learned through various skill development programmes.
- The broad education necessary to analyze the local and global impact of computing and software engineering solutions on societal, health, safety, legal and cultural aspects. (NWS, CN, Real Time Fault Tolerant System)
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities for legal, cyber security, social and environmental issues.
- An ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams (learned through lab work, project work, extra and co-curricular activities) for providing computing solutions.
- An ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, including flowcharts, algorithms and designs.
- A knowledge of ever emerging trends and technologies in the field of Computer Science and its related disciplines to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development through membership in professional societies like CSI, IE.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of software engineering and project management principles in multidisciplinary environments.
• Software Engineer in software companies like Cognizant, Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam, Wipro,HCL etc.
• Website designer in software companies.
• Network Administrator in IT and non-IT companies.
• IT Engineer / IT Manager in public sectors like BHEL, ONGC, NTPC, Railways, Banks etc.
• IT Engineer / IT Manager in private sector non-IT companies like Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Eicher, Mahindra etc.
• Government departments require IT professionals: like Income Tax department.
• Security agencies require software professionals: like IB, CBI, ATS, state police force.
• Can start working as entrepreneur and get projects from India as well as abroad.
• Plenty of opportunities of getting jobs in US after acquiring some experience.
Fresher’s (recently passed out students) are readily accepted by IT industry as they already get the knowledge and training of the basic tools that are used in industry during the course of BE.
ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES: TEACHING
At LNCTE stress is on quality education and the department is not an exception. Our stress is on imparting concepts to the depth and at the same time to enable students to apply these concepts in practical situations. The complete teaching methodology is divided into Theory Session, Lab Session, Self Study and Seminars.
- Well prepared lesson plan by faculty
- Use of projectors: Power Point presentations along with regular teaching style
- Use of videos
- Playing video lectures of IIT professor’s
- Playing animations for better understanding of concept
- Teaching additional topics that are not in the curriculum but are having industrial use
- Guest lectures of subject experts from well known institutes
- Two faculty members for 30 students in the lab
- Lab manuals are available for reference
- Two levels of problems are provided for each lab. First one for understanding of the concept and the second one having the challenging implementation in that area.
- Faculty actively monitors the implementation of programs ensuring use of Computer Science & Engineering principles
- Students facing problems in programming are provided with proper help by the faculty in the lab
- Assessment by faculty at the end of each lab session
- Students can complete pending lab work even after college hours. For this they can directly contact the HOD or the concerned faculty member requesting the usage of lab / library after college hours.
- Students can complete the lab work later on after college hours if because of any unavoidable circumstances they are unable to attend it on the declared day.
- During the lab session students do the practical work as per the requirement of the subject. For example: while developing a computer program, they develop the flowchart of the algorithm, implement it in a programming language like C, C++, Java, C# etc. by following the conventions used by industry, write test cases and finally test the program. This all is done under supervision of the faculty member.
Training is an essential part of student life. Without proper and effective training, placement in a good company is difficult. For a Computer Science student command over tools and technologies are essential and as they are changing very rapidly awareness is also required. University curriculum normally covers core theoretical aspects of a stream and their implementation. But industry needs a complete person who is technically sound, command over tools and has good communication and managerial skills. For this, the department runs various training programs through Training & Placement Cell.
SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
LNCTE is having a team of professionals from industry who were corporate trainers. They conduct regular training programs in every semester in a planned manner so that a student after going through these programs become sound enough to face any kind of technical test / interview during placement drive and can perform much better than peers in industry.
This training program covers:
General awareness Fundamental of Computers, World Wide Web & Internet, Search Engines, Mailing systems etc.
Programming Languages C, C++, Java, C#, SQL
Databases / Tools MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle
Operating Systems MS Windows, MS DOS, Linux
Other Tools Microsoft Office, IBM Rational Ross
A detailed list of contents is available on display board of Training & Placement Cell.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
The team of professionals also conducts non-technical training where students are trained on communications skills, personality development, resume & professional document writing etc.
This training program runs throughout BE course right from first semester.
As with Skill Development Training, the same is true with Career Development Training as well as far as cost is concerned. Because acquiring these skills is a gradual process, so when a person tries to get it from open market he/she has to attend it for many months continuously the approximate market cost of which is approximately Rs. 10,000/-.
Normally, no such training program is available in open market that lasts for 4 years as here a student is getting.
COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA (CSI) - STUDENTS’ CHAPTER
Professional societies plays an important role in all round development of students. As per the trend in LNCTE, the department of Computer Science & Engineering started a students’ chapter of Computer Society of India (CSI) in the year 2009. Students from I-year to IV-year join this chapter and conduct various technical activities such as Seminar, Workshop, Technical Quiz, Extempore, Debate etc. They also participate in the events organized by CSI and other CSI students’ chapter from time-to-time around the country.
COMPANIES WHERE STUDENTS’ ARE PLACED
Computer Science Corporation (CSC), IBM,Zensar Technologies, Amdocs,Infosys, Dreamworks Animation,Cognizant, Myntra, Accenture, TCS,HCL Technologies, Hexaware Technologies,Syntel Inc., Persistent Systems, Aricent, EA Sports
Mphasis, National Informatics Centre (NIC), S ACCORD Engineers, Aretha Database,
E-Herex Technologies, Tri Global Technologies,Zeppelin Mobile Systems India Ltd., Elixir Web Solutions,IMPACT, HCL Comnet
Yodlee Solutions, Zeon Solutions,PC CARE TECH BRIVO,Netlink Softwares, Yebhi.com, Orange Business Solutions, Hotwax Pvt. Ltd., CES Ltd. are few to name...