About Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was started in 2008 with intake of 60 seats. We have experienced faculties who are specialized in different fields as Production, Design & Thermal Engg.
Well Equipped Laboratories of Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, I C Engines, Strength of Materials, Heat & Mass Transfer, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Fluid Mechanics Lab, Machine Drawing & Design, Theory of Machines, Work shop, Departmental Library with More than 2000 books and no. of National and International
1. Journals, E-Jourals and subscription of magazines.
2. Regular Industrial visits for practical experience.
3. We organize guest lecture deliveries with experts from Industries.
4. Our major aim is to make student industry ready by giving more practical applications of the theory they study during their graduation.
Following are the Thrust Areas of Research of the Mechanical Engineering Department in which faculties are involved:
- Advanced Machining
- Material tensile strength characterization at high strain rates and temperatures
- Casting and welding, solidification processes
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Product design and manufacturing
- Analysis of Composite Materials.
- Fracture Mechanics
The Mechanical Engineering Department is involved in teaching, research and consultancy, as well as guiding project/thesis students at all BE Degree levels. Mechanical Engineering Department is responsible for conducting the co-curricular activities for Mechanical Engineering students like workshops, Industrial visits etc and several invited talks by eminent academicians, scientists and experts were conducted.
Our faculties have extensive experience in industry, research as well as teaching. Our strength is a reflection of their skills, innovation and drive.
- Applied Thermo Dynamics Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Heat Transfer Laboratory
- Fuels Laboratory
- CAD/CAM Laboratory
- Machine Tools Laboratory
- Metrology & Instrumentation Laboratory
- Metal Forming Laboratory
- Welding Laboratory
- Metallurgy Laboratory
- Workshops Laboratory