Electronics & Communication Engineering
The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was started in the year 2006.The Post Graduate M.Tech Course in Electronics & communication engineering was started in the Year 2011 with an intake of 24 students. The Department is well supported in infrastructure and hardware & software resources for UG and PG programmes. It is covering modern communication and latest software technologies & their applications keeping in mind the great potential and demand for new communication technologies, the Department aims at imparting its students with the latest knowledge in the field.
The Department is currently headed by Dr. Soni Changlani, B.E, M.Tech, PhD (Signal Processing) having experience of 13 years in the field of teaching & research.
The Department comprises of well equipped laboratories, Departmental Library, IETE Student forum and IEEE JSSATE Student Branch. Department is strengthened by well qualified faculty members whose main aim is to make students aware of the cutting edge technology with competence, commitment & team work.ECE Department offers an excellent infrastructure for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree. All Classes in LNCTS are Digi classes equipped with projectors & all the study material is provided by Pearson educations. A continuous interaction with industries is established through sponsored projects, Expert lectures & industrial visits.
Invited lecturers are also organized on a regular basis in the field of emerging technologies from experts in industries and institutions. Also various technical fests are organized every year to provide platform for the students so that they can interact with new technologies.
To enhance student’s knowledge in the technical field as needed by the Industry, Workshops are organized regularly in association with Industries. The teaching staff is also trained & exposed to Technical Seminars, Workshops, QIP and Conferences etc. to enhance their knowledge in the recent trends in technology. Soft skill programs are conducted through placement cell to improve the overall personality of the students.
- Faculty members have published many research papers in national and international conferences.
- Faculties are involved in giving expert lectures for technical subjects
- Students have been securing good GATE and CAT Scores above 90 percentile.
- Students have participated, presented papers and won prizes in intercollegiate competitions at IITs and NITs.
- Runner-up in Inter-college Kho-Kho Competition held in SIRT, Bhopal.
- Runner-up in Inter-college Cricket Competition held in SIRT, Bhopal.
- This year some of the final Year projects namely staircase climber, Dancing LED, GIF viewer, FSK-PSK adjudged as best projects.
- Students have won many prizes in sports and cultural events at the state and regional level.
Modern appliances and digital instruments make the students expert in new techniques in the field. The syllabus prescribed is based upon industrial demands and new ideas that feature in today's competitive world. Students provided with modern facilities are expected to be successful electronics & Communication engineers of the future. Engineers from this college are seen to perform efficiently in Industries as well as in research fields.
The department has the following laboratories:-
- Communication Systems Lab
- Electronics Circuits Lab
- Data Communications Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Project Lab
- TV Engineering Lab
- VLSI Design Lab
- Microwave Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Optical communication Lab
- Software Lab
- Antenna Lab
Expert Lectures Held by Various Persons from Industries & Institutions:
- The department has organized an Expert lecture on "GSM Basics” during Mar, 2012 trains the students of group.
- An expert lecture by Debashish Chatterjee from Wipro Technologies on “Recruitment process of different companies & how to prepare themselves for get recruited in good MNCs”.
- An expert lecture by Dr. D.K. Mishra, Head of Electronics & Instrumentation department, SGSITS on “VLSI Technology”.
- 3 days workshop held on “Robotics” by experts from IIT, Mandi.