Quest Nature Club
(Affiliated to WWF India)
Quest Nature Club (QNC) is an institutional club of Lakshmi Narain College of Technology (LNCT). It was established in 2001 by teachers and students of LNCT to serve as a platform for dissemination of knowledge on environmental issues and to raise general awareness. QNC is registered with the WWF-I (World Wide Fund for Nature – India). The club members have been working to their level best to get themselves as well as society informed of environmental issues under the guidance of Dr. Amitbodh Upadhayaya, Department of Engineering Chemistry.
Ensuring conservation biodiversity, ecosystems and landscapes.
- Minimizing wasteful consumption and promotion of sustainable and wise use of natural resources by all sectors of society.
- Promoting the active involvement of community in the sustainable management and conservation of natural resources.
- Working towards reduction in the sources of pollution and impacts of climate change.
- Enhancing active participation of all sections of society in nature conservation and environmental protection through environmental education, awareness raising and capacity building.
- Ensuring that environmental principles are integrated into development planning, policy and practices
Promotion of nature conservation and environmental protection as the bases for sustainable and equitable development.
- To promote awareness and sensitivity about the nature conservation and environmental protection.
- Organizing environmental awareness campaigns for the general public and students.
- What are we doing?
- Celebrating all specific day (s) of environment.
- Organizing various competitions such as poster making/presentation, slogan writing, paper making, T-shirt making, essay writing, debates, quizzes, group discussions, speech & extempore etc. on Environmental issues.
- Organizing environmental rallies & forest visit.
- Visiting national park and centuries.
- Organizing “SRISHTI” (it is an environmental-Technical-Social-Cultural symposium) by this we provide a platform for all the people who want to work for welfare of environment