Super Speciality Departments
CENTRE FOR JOINT REPLACEMENT
DR. RAM SONI
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Specialist in arthroscopic & joint replacement surgery
M.S. (Ortho), LRCS Edinburgh (UK), LRCPS Glasgow (UK), M.Ch. (Ortho & Trauma)Liverpool (UK)
Dr. Ram Soni is a Chief Joint replacement Surgeon at J K Hospital kolar road Bhopal. He is one of the 350+ world best doctors (source by MEDIANGELS)
He did his graduation (MBBS) And post -graduation ( M.S. Orthopedics and Trauma ) from Gandhi Medical College Bhopal.He completed his basic Orthopedic training at Bhopal and did his further specialty training in Orthopedic and trauma at AIIMS New Delhi and Irwin ( LNJPN Hospital ) New Delhi for three years. He worked as a senior resident for three years at AIIMS and Irwin Hospitals ( Lok Nayak Hospital ) New Delhi and completed his specialty traing in Orthopaedics and Trauma there.He went to U.K. ( England) did his Studies at Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Glasgow and obtained : LRCP Edinburgh, LRCS Edinburgh and LRCP&S Glasgow.He then did his M.Ch. Ortho and Trauma from University of Liverpool in First attempt.
Dr Ram Soni has performed 14000 arthroscopic surgeries of the knee, 3700 Total knee replacements and 3600 Total Hip Replacements in addition to general Orthopedic,paeditric operations and fracture Surgery.He has been Training Surgeons from all over the world in Joint replacement Surgery in UK. He has been providing Fellow ship training in Joint replacement Surgery to Orthopedic Surgeons from Asia, Far East middle east and Europe for last more then 15 years while working in UK.
He has in-depth broad based experience in knee arthrocopy surgery and must be one of the few surgeons in India who does joint preservation surgery of the knee. He has done extensive research on Elbow replacement while working In Liverpool UK and has written a chapter on Elbow arthroplasty in a text book ( Campbell Operative Orthopedics) which is the main text book on operative Orthopedics and is read all over the world by Post graduate Orthopedic Students and practicing Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr Soni work has been audited by Hospital and by Royal college of Surgeons of England and reported to have good success rate with hip and knee replacement. PROMS ( Patient Reported outcome measurement systems ) are favorable compared to other Orthopedic Surgeons in the world. He has attended close to 96 international Orthopedic Conferences and seminars all over the world ( UK , USA, France , Germany , Austria , Italy , Ireland , Switzerland, Thailand , India ) . He has probably attended highest number of international conferences and seminars in comparison to any other Orthopedic Surgeon in India.
He has widely published many articles in international journals and has written a chapter in main text book of Orthopedics (Campbell operative Orthopedics ) on Elbow arthroplasty. He also has particular expertise in Percutaneous release of Trigger finger , Trigger thumb and Duputrens contracture of finger release with a needle under Local anesthetics. Dr Soni is one of the best joint replacement Surgeon when it comes to Total hip and total knee replacement surgery in India.No Other Orthopedic Surgeon in India can claim so much experience and expertise with Direct Anterior Approach for Hip replacement Surgery. It is least invasive surgical approach with fastest post op recovery time.I was recently invited in an international conference at Imperial college London in so called “The Great Debate” on hip and knee replacement arthroplasty on 18th and 19th of June 2015. My topic was “Direct anterior approach for total hip replacement Surgery”. He is perhaps the most experienced Surgeon in India when it comes to Revision joint replacement Surgery with very latest technology and technique.
Dr. Soni is a member of “MEDIANGELS” worlds 350+ best superspecialist in Joint Replacement Surgery for Second opinion. He is amongst the world’s top 1% of the specialist in Joint Replacement Surgery
Dr Soni treats whole range of musculoskeletal disorders from simple fractures to more complex poly -traumatised pt with multiple fractures and pelvic and acetabular fractures to joint replacement arthroplasty and arthroscopy of knee and shoulder. He offers state of the art treatment options such as total knee replacement with patient specific devices and minimally invasive direct anterior total hip replacement, foot and ankle surgery and delicate hand surgery. He also routinely performs “Joint Preservation Surgery of the knee”. He is one of the few Orthopeadic surgeon in India, who performs these procedures routinely.
Furthermore he has expertise in Revision surgery after previously failed joint replacement.
The principles of Advanced Trauma Life Support (A T L S) system are applied for prompt and efficient treatment of polytraumatised accident victim .He takes pride in bringing the best of International Patient care practice to India
Training & conference –
1. The Great Debate 2016 in the 17th June 2016 at the Royal Collage of Surgeons of England Organised by Imperial Collage Landon (6 Credits for CPD Purposes)
2. The Great Debate 2015 New concept in Moderate –to-severe Osteoarthritis treatment . 3.5.16. By Web MD Global . LLC USA. 0.25CPD credit.
4. Pune Knee Course 2014. At Marriott 25th- 26th April 2014.
5. 15th E F O R T Orthopaedic conference in partnership with British Orthopaedic association in London 4th to 6 th June 2014.
6. Basic shoulder Arthroscopy and arthroscopic Bankart repair cadaveric course,HIHT Jolly Grant , Dehradun 15th Feb 2014.
7. The Great Debate: optimizing the Outcomes of Hip and Knee arthroplasty; Mermaid Conference centre London.20-21 June 2013. 9.5 CME.
8. Locking nailing Training ( Gamma 3 / T2 ) with Dr Gilbert Taglang, and participated in the workshops session held at the School of Anatomy. Strasbourg. FRANCE. 11th – 12th April 2013.
9. Advanced Orthopaedics: trauma and reconstruction. Orthofix course. Verona, Italy, 11th – 13th March 2013.
10. Anterior minimally invasive surgery in THR. AMIS advances in arthroplasty. Newport. UK. 29th – 30th Oct 2012.
11. New frontiers in foot and Ankle surgery. Royal society of Medicine, Queen Elizabeth Hospital London. 12th July 2012.
12. The Great Debate/ Optimising the Outcome of Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Imperial College London. 29th – 30th June 2012.
13. Revision knee , Learning centre, Hamburgh Germany . Accredited 12 CME points . on 22nd to 23rd Feb 2012.
14. Acetabular science and technology workshop . Imperial college MSK lab , Charring cross hospital London . 2.12.11
15. Wexham Foot and Ankle trauma course . 7th Oct 2011. at Wexham Park hospital. Slough . Berkshire . SL2 4HL
16. 4th Annual meeting of Royal London Hospital Orthopaedic and trauma society. 1st July 2011, At Kensington Roog Gardens London.
17. Current concept of Foot and ankle fracture management : 1 – 3 December 2010. Selzach, Switzerland.
18. M.I.S. Anterolateral approach in hip arthroplasty ( Fitmore femoral stem ) with cadaveric dissection, Zimmer institute surgical skill course: at centre universitaire des Saints Peres Rue des Saints Peres F-75270 . PARIS on 13/10.2010- 14/10/2010
19. The Finsbury Knee Meeting, Chandos House, Royal society of Medicine, London. 26/06/09
20. Trauma Symposium. wexham Park Hospital. Slough. SL2 4HL. 12.6.09 – 13.6.09